Included in the program “The Hazchem Code”
- The purpose of the Code
- Where Hazchem Codes can be found
- The importance of understanding the Code
- How to interpret the Code
- The meaning of the number and letters that make up the Code
- The emergency measures indicated by Hazchem Codes, including fire fighting agents, possibility of violent reaction, the need for personal protective equipment, the need to contain or dilute chemicals, and the possibility of evacuation
- How composite Hazchem Codes are calculated for multiple chemicals
- The pro-active safety measures that can be implemented using the Hazchem Code.
Understanding the Hazchem Code and its importance can be vital in dealing with emergencies involving hazardous chemicals.
RUNNING TIME: 14:30 Minutes